Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer update

We have not had many new pictures to post recently, so nothing new on the blog. I will try to post some soon, but first I need to take some.
On the sad side, Mohawk Duck is no longer with us. We suspect a predator got him, but don't know for sure. We miss him, but I guess life would be hard as a blind duck.
We also now have five turkeys on our farm, and they are growing like weeds.
In a week we head to NY for two weeks to visit family. The kids are excited, but I am dreading the drive... I need to get my pilots license so the drive is a lot shorter. If there is anyone out there that would like to pay for me to get my license, I would accept your generosity. Anyone else felt lead to give me a plane? I would accept that as well.
One morbid but tasty haiku before I leave today.

Kindergarden ckicks
were egg layers I assumed
for meat instead, yum.

the story is that we got 17 chicks from a class experiment, and the teacher wanted to make sure they were not going to be used for alligator or snake food, because she could not stand the thought of that. I can completely understand. However, when we got them I had no idea they were heavy meat chickens instead of layers. For those that don't know, meat chickens are only good for that. If they don't get butchered, they will die young anyway because they are so big. Anyway, they still will not be used for snake food, but will be used for human food. I don't have the heart to tell her though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home